Just Some Kids From Massachusetts Colleges With Great Ideas And Funny Things To Say.

It's Also Your Girlfriend's Favorite Blog So You Should Probably Join and Learn What She Likes.

Be sure to become a fan on Facebook and Twitter to keep in the YGFB loop.

Friday, May 20, 2011

VH1 Storytellers

Kanye West, hands down my favorite rapper/producer/singer alive. In my opinion anything he touches is straight fire! All the singles, all the albums, all the songs featuring him, everything. One thing that was for the most part overlooked is his live performance on VH1 Storytellers. People talk about this and that, best live album ever, on and on and on. Well this album is the best live recording I have ever heard. It was recorded in 2009 and released in January of 2010. For those of you who don't know what VH1 Storytellers is, it is basically a life performance by certain performers in more intimate setting with the goal of recording it and producing it well. Much like MTV Unplugged, but without it being acoustic. On this album, Kanye performs with a full orchestra and a slight autotune. He talkes about how certain songs came to be, and what they mean. He tells stories, hence Storytellers, and occasionally just freestyles verses. The combination of the autotune, the orchestra, and raw talent makes for the best album ever. I will be listening to this album when I'm 110. This album will be played at my funeral, I will be buried with this shit. This album is, in my opinion, I know some people hate Kanye and his attitude, but this album, in my opinion is the greatest album on the face of the earth.

MUST DOWNLOAD



Track List:
See You In My Nightmares
Robocop
Flashing Lights
Amazing
Touch The Sky
Say You Will
Good Life
Heartless/Pinocchio Story
Stronger

And No Matter What You'll Never Take That From Me, My Reign Is As Far As Your Eyes Can See, It's Amazing

22"s

No comments:

Post a Comment