Just Some Kids From Massachusetts Colleges With Great Ideas And Funny Things To Say.

It's Also Your Girlfriend's Favorite Blog So You Should Probably Join and Learn What She Likes.

Be sure to become a fan on Facebook and Twitter to keep in the YGFB loop.

Friday, May 14, 2010

A Nightmare at the Movie Theaters

 
      So me and my girlfriend decided we wanted to catch a late night movie the other day, and we wanted to see something scary. I thought to myself that the perfect movie for this occasion would be the new "Nightmare on Elm Street" remake. The original, being one of the greatest horror movies of all time, set high exceptions for the remake. I was really excited to catch it, but was nervous due to how horribly terrible the attempted remake of "Friday the 13th" was.
       The movie opens up with a fantastic scene, which I thought set the tone perfectly. A random character nobody cares about dies (like all scary movies). You only got quick glimpses of Freddy, which left the character scary and a mystery.
        However, after that scene, I wasn't too impressed. The story took a WHILE to develop, and at least 45 mins had gone by before you knew what the fuck was happening. Don't get me wrong, because the deaths we're great, and as gruesome as they come, but so were the deaths in "My Bloody Valentine".
        Now here is what I think might have ruined the movie for me...Freddy. The Freddy we all know in the original and in "Freddy vs. Jason" is a scary ass mother fucker. He actually freaks you out, and makes you not want to sleep. Now the Freddy that they created in the remake was no more than Joel Sonneburg with claws. He honestly didn't freak me out as much as I wish he did. He had no nose, and literally just looked like some burnt dude. When I went to see "The Dark Knight", I loved it because I was literally SCARED of the Joker while watching it. Like he freaked me the fuck out. I'm not sure if they we're trying to make Freddy more human, or whatever, but it just didn't do it for me.
        The ending, however, was good. I liked it personally and I thought it was a good finish right before the credits. So if I was asked if someone should see it or not, I would tell them to go, but don't get your hopes up. So here are my ratings....

Opening Scene: 5 Stars
Villian: 2 Stars                       THE NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET: 3 1/2 Stars
Plot: 3 Stars
Ending: 4 Stars.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. have you been a victim of cyber bullying?

    ReplyDelete
  3. just curious, what are you going to do to me? I'm just a random person commenting on your blog that has no idea who you are or what your goddamn girlfriend, if you in fact have one, looks like lmao. it's funny to see you get so mad though. but I do apologize

    ReplyDelete