Just Some Kids From Massachusetts Colleges With Great Ideas And Funny Things To Say.

It's Also Your Girlfriend's Favorite Blog So You Should Probably Join and Learn What She Likes.

Be sure to become a fan on Facebook and Twitter to keep in the YGFB loop.

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Bruins Remain Boston's Most Irrelevant Team

Sitting at home watching the start of Game 7 of the Flyers/Bruins series, I began to think how we got there. I have never seen a sports team in my day go from so loved to so hated in such a short period of time. Let's Recap..
APRIL 14th, 2010- The playoffs have yet to start, and nobody in Boston really cares about their hockey team. Sad, but true.
APRIL 26th, 2010- The Bruins eliminate the Sabers from the playoffs in the first round, and people begin to believe that Boston is just naturally good at every sport. People jump on the Bruin's bandwagon, and Bruin's T-shirt sales skyrocket. I can admit that I was one of those fair-weather fans. Let's Go Bruins! HOCKEY RULES!
MAY 5th 2010- The Bruins take up a 3-0 lead against the Flyers, and suddenly people don't even think about the Patriots. Bruins are Boston's team, and the city collectively busts a nut to Tukka Rask. Hockey is relevant in Boston again.
MAY 12th 2010- Only a week later, the Flyers make it an even series, and everyone dislikes the Bruins again. I wouldn't say hate, because that isn't true. But everyone is witnessing a monumental collapse before they're eyes. The fate of the Bruins in the city of Boston stands alone on Game 7...
      And that took us to tonight, Game 7. I ALMOST posted a blog about how the Bruins went from so loved to so hated yesterday, but I figured if they won Game 7, they would be back in the hearts of all the bandwagon fans. With the help from Milan Lucic's 2 Goals, the Bruins quickly took a 3-0 lead in the game. However the similarity between this game and the series was shown when the Flyers began to make ANOTHER monumental comeback, before winning in the 3rd period, 4-3.
      Now the Bruin's are irrelevant again. Some of you may remember a blog we posted about the biggest chokes in sports history, and as embarrassing as it is, I have to put this collapse up there with those fuckin' Yankees. When they took the 3-0 lead on the Flyers, I actually considered watching regular season hockey games next year, just so I could see how my Bruins we're doing. The city loved the Bruins, and they watched the playoffs religiously. Now after the collapse, let's be honest, noone cares anymore. Next year's regular season will be the same as this season was, with only diehard hockey fans watching the games, and everyone else wondering why there is ice on the Celtic's court. Sorry Bruins, you had your opportunity to be up there with the Celtics and the Sox and the Patriots, but you blew it. You are once again the most irrelevant major sports team in the biggest sports capital of the World. Congratulations. Go Canadians.

2 comments:

  1. i know who you are, so quit it with the comments or I'll call you out on it, seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not the one harassing me by commenting on my blog under anonymous..

    ReplyDelete